Future Bound Miami is the first universal Children’s Savings Account (CSA) program in the state of Florida. We aim to improve financial readiness for postsecondary education for students and families in Miami-Dade County Public Schools.
Established by a consortium of community partners, we are committed to working together to create more resources for Miami-Dade families’ educational and economic advancement. We believe that educators and community stakeholders are key to helping our children achieve their dreams.
Future Bound Miami’s goal is to expand opportunities for students to move on to postsecondary education.
What We Do
- We provide Children's Savings Accounts (CSAs) to set aside funds for postsecondary education to eligible kindergarten students attending Miami-Dade County Public Schools.
- We empower students and their families to achieve financial prosperity by providing tools, resources and financial education.
- We inspire our community to come together and invest in our children through partnerships and reward incentives.
- We strengthen postsecondary readiness for our children through events and education in our classrooms and out in the community.
Why a CSA program?
- Research shows that children with a savings account of between $1 and $499 are three times more likely to enroll in postsecondary education, and more than four times more likely to graduate. Furthermore, children who have a savings account in their name are six times more likely to pursue postsecondary education compared to those with no savings.
- CSA programs improve early childhood development and academic performance.
- CSA programs have been proven to improve a child’s financial future capability and reduce the wealth gap.
Who We Are
In 2017, Catalyst Miami, in partnership with Sant La Haitian Neighborhood Center, led a group of public and private stakeholders to explore an opportunity to create a CSA program for the children and families of Miami-Dade County. From initial stakeholder meetings, a team examined successful CSA programs from across the country and researched various models to design a program that would meet the needs of Miami-Dade County’s children and families.
With initial funding from Citi Community Development, The Children’s Trust and United Way, we set out to create a universal CSA program to invest in our community’s children. Now with more than a dozen partners, our CSA program provides a tool for expanding educational and economic opportunities for youth and their families.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Community members, businesses, and organizations are key to the success of Future Bound Miami’s Children’s Savings Account program. It is through partnerships that we are able to improve financial literacy and build more program contributions into our program.
We invite you to contact us for opportunities to volunteer, host programming, provide program contributions, or financial resources for children and families in our community.
Together, we can create paths forward for every child to succeed.
For more information, contact Chris Moreno, Children’s Savings Director, at 786-414-1302 or [email protected]