For Parents / Guardians
Future Bound Miami is a Children’s Savings Account (CSA) program that provides a simple and effective way to open a savings account to help your child prepare for college or other postsecondary educational opportunities upon high school graduation.
It can be a challenge to save for postsecondary education but starting early can make all the difference in your child’s future. Research shows that children with savings accounts with as little as $1 are more likely to pursue postsecondary education.
This is why a consortium of community nonprofits launched the Future Bound Miami CSA program in partnership with Miami-Dade County Public Schools (M-DCPS).
Future Bound Miami is a savings initiative designed to make postsecondary education more accessible and advance economic opportunities for families and children in Miami-Dade County.
All eligible kindergarten students in Miami-Dade County Public Schools will have the opportunity to participate and create a savings account with program contributions, regardless of income level or immigration status.
Visit our Parent’s page for resources and announcements just for you!
Who is eligible?
Future Bound Miami is open to kindergarten students attending select elementary schools that feed into twelve high schools within Miami-Dade County Public Schools. Over the next five years, our goal is to make this program available to all kindergarten students attending public schools within M-DCPS.
Ada Merritt K-8 Center
Aventura Waterways Elementary
Bent Tree Elementary
Bunche Park Elementary
Caribbean K-8 Center
Charles R Drew K-8 Center
Charles Whyce Elementary
Citrus Grove Elementary
Coral Terrace Elementary
Coral Way K-8 Center
Cutler Ridge Elementary
David Fairchild Elementary
Dr. Edward I. Whigham Elementary
Dr. William A. Chapman Elementary
Earlington Heights Elementary
Edison Park K-8 Center
Eneida M. Hartner Elementary
Ethel Koger Beckham Elementary
Frederick Douglass Elementary
HighLand Oaks Elementary
Jack David Gordon Elementary
Jesse J. McCrary Jr. Elementary
Joe Hall Elementary
Kelsey L. Pharr Elementary
Kensington Park Elementary
Lenora B. Smith Elementary
Liberty City Elementary
Lillie C. Evans K-8 Center
Madie Ives Elementary
Marjory Stoneman Douglas Elementary
Maya Angelou Elementary
Miami Heights Elementary
Myrtle Grove Elementary
Orchard Villa Elementary
Palm Springs North Elementary
Paul L. Dunbar K-8 Center
Phyllis R Miller Elementary
Phyllis Wheatley Elementary
Pine Lake Elementary
Pine Villa Elementary
Poinciana Park Elementary
Royal Green Elementary
Santa Clara Elementary
Scott Lake Elementary
South Miami Heights Elementary
South Miami K-8 Center
Spanish Lakes Elementary
Sylvania Heights Elementary
Toussaint L’ Ouverture Elementary
Village Green Elementary
West Homestead K-8 Center
Whispering Pines Elementary
Zora Neale Hurston Elementary
How it works
- Set up your M-DCPS Parent Portal Account and link your child to that account.
- Activate your Future Bound Miami Account by accessing the M-DCPS Parent Portal online between February 22nd and May 15th, 2021. Within 48 hours of activating the account, students are eligible to receive an initial seed incentive of up to $50 deposited to the account. You will receive information about additional incentives students can earn throughout the academic year.
- Visit an EdFed branch (formally South Florida Educational Federal Credit Union or SFEFCU) near you and make your first parent deposit into your child's Future Bound Miami Account.
Why a CSA program?
- Multiply future savings as more program contributions are introduced over time.
- Be part of a community savings initiative that provides support, resources and financial education.
- Increase your child’s chances of academic success and obtaining postsecondary education.
- Inspire a family conversation and goals around money and savings.
A Better Future Starts with Savings
- Starting early pays off. Having a Children’s Savings Account allows you to multiply your savings, receive financial support, and sets an important example of good saving habits for your children.
- Investing in your child early sends a positive message. Children with a savings account of $1 to $499 are three times more likely to enroll in postsecondary education, and four times more likely to graduate.
- Saving creates financial freedom. Saving more now can lower student debt. Students who graduate from postsecondary education are also more likely to obtain higher salaries and are employed over longer periods of time.
For Teachers / Classroom Partners
Visit our new Teacher’s Page just for you!
For Community Partners
Community members, businesses, and organizations are key to the success of Future Bound Miami’s Children’s Savings Account program. It is through partnerships that we are able to improve financial literacy and build more program contributions into our program.
We invite you to contact us for opportunities to volunteer, host programming, provide program contributions, or financial resources for children and families in our community.
Together, we can create more opportunities for every child to succeed.
How to get involved
To get involved, contact Chris Moreno, Children’s Savings Director, at 786-414-1302 or ChrisM@CatalystMiami.org