For Parents / Guardians
Future Bound Miami is a Children’s Savings Account (CSA) program that provides a simple and effective way to open a savings account to help your child prepare for college or other postsecondary educational opportunities upon high school graduation.
It can be a challenge to save for college but starting early can make all the difference in your child’s future. Research shows that children with savings accounts with as little as $1 are more likely to enroll in college.
This is why a consortium of community nonprofits launched the Future Bound Miami CSA program in partnership with Miami-Dade County Public Schools (M-DCPS).
Future Bound Miami is a savings initiative designed to make postsecondary education more accessible and advance economic opportunities for families and children in Miami-Dade County.
All eligible kindergarten students in Miami-Dade County Public Schools will have the opportunity to participate and create a savings account with reward incentives, regardless of income level or immigration status.
Visit our Parent’s page for resources and announcements just for you!
Who is eligible?
In Spring 2021, Future Bound Miami is open to kindergarten and first-grade students attending 30 elementary schools that feed into the five high schools within the City of Miami. Over the next five years, our goal is to make this program available to all kindergarten students in M-DCPS.
LENORA B. SMITH ELEMENTARY
MAYA ANGELOU ELEMENTARY
CITRUS GROVE ELEMENTARY
CORAL WAY K-8 CENTER
FREDERICK DOUGLASS ELEMENTARY
CHARLES R. DREW K-8 CENTER
PAUL LAURENCE DUNBAR K-8 CTR
EARLINGTON HEIGHTS ELEMENTARY
EDISON PARK K-8 CENTER
LILLIE C. EVANS K-8 CENTER
ENEIDA MASSAS HARTNER ELEM
KENSINGTON PARK ELEMENTARY
LIBERTY CITY ELEMENTARY
JESSE J MCCRARY JR ELEMENTARY
TOUSSAINT L’OUVERTURE ELEM
ADA MERRITT K-8 CENTER
PHYLLIS RUTH MILLER ELEMENTARY
AGENORIA S. PASCHAL/OLINDA EL
ORCHARD VILLA ELEMENTARY
KELSEY L. PHARR ELEMENTARY
POINCIANA PARK ELEMENTARY
SANTA CLARA ELEMENTARY
PHILLIS WHEATLEY ELEMENTARY
How it works
- Set up your M-DCPS Parent Portal Account and link your child to that account.
- Activate your Future Bound Miami Account by accessing the M-DCPS Parent Portal online between February 22nd and May 15th, 2021. Within 48 hours of activating the account, students are eligible to receive an initial seed incentive of up to $50 deposited to the account. You will receive information about additional incentives students can earn throughout the academic year.
- Visit an EdFed branch (formally South Florida Educational Federal Credit Union or SFEFCU) near you and make your first parent deposit into your child's Future Bound Miami Account.
Why a CSA program?
- Multiply future savings as more incentives are introduced over time.
- Be part of a community savings initiative that provides support, resources and financial education.
- Increase your child’s chances of academic success and obtaining postsecondary education.
- Inspire a family conversation and goals around money and savings.
A Better Future Starts with Savings
- Starting early pays off. Having a Children’s Savings Account allows you to multiply your savings, receive financial support, and sets an important example of good saving habits for your children.
- Investing in your child early sends a positive message. Children with a savings account of $1 to $499 are three times more likely to enroll in postsecondary education, and four times more likely to graduate.
- Saving creates financial freedom. Saving more now can lower student debt. Students who graduate from postsecondary education are also more likely to obtain higher salaries and are employed over longer periods of time.
For Teachers / Classroom Partners
Visit our new Teacher’s Page just for you!
For Community Partners
Community members, businesses and organizations are key to the success of the Future Bound Miami’s Children’s Savings Account program. It is through partnerships that we are able to improve financial literacy and build more incentives into our program.
We invite you to contact us for opportunities to volunteer, host programming, provide incentives or financial resources for children and families in our community.
Together, we can create more opportunities for every child to succeed.
How to get involved
To get involved, contact Chris Moreno, Children’s Savings Director, at 786-414-1302 or ChrisM@CatalystMiami.org